Does masturbation cause complications in married life

I masterbate almost every two to three days, and I am going to get married in a year. How will this impact my married life, and Can I have problems getting a baby?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Masturbation not harmful, enjoy it without guilt. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Important aspects of your query are: • 25 year old male • Masturbation frequency: 2-3 times per week • Complaints of: worry related to masturbation Some people have many wrong ideas about masturbation - that it causes ill effects on health like nervous weakness, reduced energy, etc or sexual problems like impotence in the future and small penis size. All this is not true and these are just myths and misconceptions originated due to quacks advertisements on road sides and non scientific magazines. Masturbation is not harmful for health and more than 80% man and woman masturbate in some point of the time. In present situation if you are not masturbating more than 5-6 times per week than there is no problem. If you are masturbating more even then it is not harmful but it is better to decrease the frequency of it. Even past history of excessive masturbating does not affect patient condition, but if you have guilt then it can increase your worry and sexual performance anxiety. Final message: do not worry and enjoy masturbation whenever you do it without any guilt. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,