Does masturbation and preventing ejaculation on a long term basis cause prostate infection ?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, I am a 23 year old male. I recently talked to a doctor online using this service about a weird masterbation habit i was doing. For the past couple years I would cross my legs when i was about to orgasm and prevent ejaculation. Throughout these years I had pain when i was pissing but i just shrugged it off. Recently I went to the doctor because the pain was getting worse and would burn when i pissed. I was diagonosed with an infected prostate and was given antibiotics which i am still taking, I have been taking them for about 3-4 days now and i have'nt noticed much of a change. My worry is that since this was going on for a couple years that my prostate could have healed improperly and i might have a more permanent problem. On a side note it seems to hurt more in the morning and i have avoided regular masterbation.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Preventing ejaculation after orgasm or masturbation causes back flow of or restricts out flow semen which was about to come out .It is not a good practice as it causes regular trauma and infection to the vas deference ,seminal vesicles & prostatic tissue, slowly leading to formation of abnormal fibrous tissue instead of normal health tissue.Always let the semen come or flow out after masturbation & or orgasm.Your wrong practice has produced some XXXXXXX damage, some where in the path or flow tract of semen,.So you need proper investigation ,go for TRUS ( trans rectal ultrasound) and to find the damage & place of damage.and also urine & semen culture sensitivity.Stop the practice you are following of preventing ejaculation.Consult urologist or sex specialist for proper treatment

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Does masturbation and preventing ejaculation on a long term basis cause prostate infection ? 1 hour later
A little while a go I masterbated normally, and when i orgasm I still have normal seamon flow. Would I still need to consider TRUS? and it only seems to hurt after masterbation

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 48 minutes later
Hello

As the main reason of your problem is restricting the flow of semen. One can`t assess the damage already done without TRUS & other investigation. Once you know about the extent of damage & its future implication,it will convince you to stop this practice. No doubt you can do normal ejaculation after masturbation and orgasm. but still proper diagnosis, extent of harm & its proper treatment is must in my opinion.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Okay thankyou, Beleive me I stopped this practice. As soon as i am done with my antibiotics i will be visiting the doctor and telling him what i told you and recommending the TRUS. My last question is that if there are severe implications would it be something that could be fixed with surgery?

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 16 minutes later
Hello

It all depends upon test reports and its findings, if any damage done or extent of damage. My opinion is that there is no need of surgery.

Proper diagnosis will convince you not to indulge such practice.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.