Does masturbating reduces platele count?

Question
My platelet count is low and varies between 70000 and 150000. All lab procedures are normal except for fatty liver and slight enlargement of spleen.. This has been so since last one year and before that the count was normal. I had no viral fevers of any sort at all. I do indulge in repeated masterbations two to three times a day since last 30 years. I am aged 56. Is the platelet count anyway related to the masterbation habit?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: NO relation between masturbation & Platelet counts Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Thanks for your query. 1. Masturbation has NOTHING to do with changes in Platelet count. 2. You have not mentioned if you take alcohol regularly and quantity/day. In case you do take alcohol daily in high doses, there is a possibility of an early stage of Liver Cirrhosis with Portal Hypertension (as indicated by Fatty liver with mild splenic enlargement). In that event, possibility of hyperactive spleen cannot be ruled out. Spleen destroys the aged blood cells, including Platelets. A hyperactive Spleen may be the cause of fluctuating Platelet counts. 3. You may, however, undergo * an abdominal Ultrasound to rule out/detect a dilated Portal Vein (an indication of Cirrhosis-induced portal hypertension); or, * an Endoscopy to directly visualize dilated veins (called Esophageal Varices) in the lower end of esophagus (food pipe). * Peripheral Blood Picture analysis to see for evidence of an underlying blood/bone marrow disorder. 4 I cannot offer further opinion, in the absence of additional details of your problems 4. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me; order the advised tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal