Does mastrubation cause problems in sexual life?

Hi Doctor. I am a 32 yr old male. My marriage is fixed. My biggest worry is that I dont masturbate using hand. Instead i masturbate by rubbing the penis in bed. Will this be a problem for my sexual life. Please answer.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 13 hours later
Brief Answer: No problem for your sexual life. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Masturbation is considered as a part of normal human sexual behavior and it is very common among young males. Some people have many wrong ideas about masturbation - that it causes ill effects on health like nervous weakness, reduced energy, etc or sexual problems like impotence in the future. All this is not true and these are just myths and misconceptions. Now come to your specific concern regarding masturbation by rubbing penis in bed. People get sexual gratification by producing tactile sensation in penis during masturbation. It may be by hand or rubbing in bed/pillow/wall/hole. It do not make any difference in long term sexual health. So do not worry and go ahead with your marriage plan. We are here to help you. Wish you good health. Regards,