Does marijuana cause numbness in face,cheekbones and sensitivity to light?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi, I have never smoked marijuana before, but I tried it two nights ago and I smoked A LOT. The next thing I know when I get up the next morning, I have a weird numbness in my face near the cheekbones, sensitivity to light, and It hasn't gone away... I am nervous and scared that something is wrong with me. It is kind of like a headache but I don't know. I have never had long lasting headaches before. It is clearly a stupid thing to do and I will never try it again. Please help me.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Somatic effect of Marjuana Detailed Answer: Hello, The symptoms what you are having is a effect of Marjuana. You may be having other symptoms like dry mouth, reddening of the eyes and congestion of the conjunctiva. Congestion of the conjunctiva is making you sensitive to light and leading to headache. Anxiety is the most common side effect of smoking marijuana thats why you are so anxious, the effect of Marjuana generally last upto 8 hours. Hope you realized the effect of of smoking marijuana, on long term it will cause lot of physical,psychological and emotional problems.Better you give up this. Hope i have cleared your doubts and anxiety. Thank you.
Follow-up: Does marijuana cause numbness in face,cheekbones and sensitivity to light? 6 hours later
How long will these symptoms persist? I have not smoked since and do not intend to whatsoever. My vision is slightly blurred and I feel lightheaded. These have gone on and off the past 3 days. Is there any medication I can use to relieve the symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Effect of Maruana Detailed Answer: These symptoms will last maximum of one week. There is no medication that is effective in treatment of marijuana use. These symptoms will improve as you have not smoked since the last one. For your eye problem you can apply ice pack over the eyes it will improve the condition. Thank you.
Follow-up: Does marijuana cause numbness in face,cheekbones and sensitivity to light? 11 minutes later
Thank you sir and I now feel even more inclined to never smoke again. Have a pleasant day.
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Effect of Marjuana Detailed Answer: Thank you, Your symptoms will improve in one or two days. Good that you have realized the ill effects of this harmful agents. I wish you free of symptoms at the earliest. Hope you are satisfied with my answers. Thank you.