Does low immunity due to Lyme and co infections reactivate HHV6?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hello doc my name is XXXX I have a question I hope you can help me with.Back in XXXXXXX I was bitten by two ticks and got very sick.I went to a lyme specialist and was test and came back for borrelia /Rocky Mountain fever/Two types of bebesia and mycoplasma as well as past exposure to HHV6. As you know many people have been exposed to HHV6 as kids mine was not active but I read some scary stuff that said if you have a low immune system from Lyme and co infections it can reactivate the HHV6 and I've read that that plus the mycoplasma can give people HIV1 have you heard of this and should I be concerned.I am currently on herbs and antibiotics trying to kill the tick bacterias.Im scared about this HIV stuff i read i did an HIV test at 3,6,9 months all negative.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Repeated HIV negative tests assure you're HIVfree Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. When you HIV test was nonreactive after 3 months, then you can simply forget about the possibility of HIV. But you had your test done and had the negative test even after 9 months of your risky contact. Then where is the chance for you to get HIV. In online websites there are lot of unwanted things. You should not give importance to unauthorized source of information. HIV is a different virus with that of HHV6. Mycoplasma is not a virus at all. HIV is acquired separately from the source and not related to HHV6 and Mycoplasma. When your HIV test are negative after 3-6 months, you need not bother about HIV at all. Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Does low immunity due to Lyme and co infections reactivate HHV6? 3 minutes later
Thank you very much Doc

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You are most welcome. If you have any more questions with regards to HIV infection feel free to ask. If you don't have anything to ask, You can close this conversation. Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Does low immunity due to Lyme and co infections reactivate HHV6? 4 minutes later
Yes Doc thanks again the risk i had was back in april 10 i was with a girl i know i used a condom but i did lick her clit very stupidly i did not put my tongue inside her just outside clit for a couple of seconds.Then i got sick after my two tick bites in XXXXXXX and got me scared thinking About HIV thats why i did those blood test at 3,6,9 months and i just did another oraquick hone test today at 10 months now still neg.Im not sure if the oraquik test are reliable though?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oraquick is highly reliable.Low risk with oral sex Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back once again. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV. Moreover the lady you had encounter was not necessarily a HIV positive women.All the contact need not be infectious. Like this, there are many probabilities are there. Of all these, you are negative with HIV test repeatedly. Oraquick is also equally highly reliable up to more than 98% sensitive. So you need not worry at all. Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Does low immunity due to Lyme and co infections reactivate HHV6? 1 minute later
Thanks Doc very helpful

Brief Answer: Welcome once again. Detailed Answer: Once again welcome