Does low immunity due to Lyme and co infections reactivate HHV6?

Hello doc my name is XXXX I have a question I hope you can help me with.Back in XXXXXXX I was bitten by two ticks and got very sick.I went to a lyme specialist and was test and came back for borrelia /Rocky Mountain fever/Two types of bebesia and mycoplasma as well as past exposure to HHV6. As you know many people have been exposed to HHV6 as kids mine was not active but I read some scary stuff that said if you have a low immune system from Lyme and co infections it can reactivate the HHV6 and I've read that that plus the mycoplasma can give people HIV1 have you heard of this and should I be concerned.I am currently on herbs and antibiotics trying to kill the tick bacterias.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. HHV6 Latent and Reactivate. NO. Increase shed Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Yes. As you read, after initial infection, HHV6 can remain latent and reside in our white blood cells called lymphocytes and monocytes and also persists at low levels in other cells and tissues. when you have the low immunity ie. immunocompromised, then again HHV6 may reactive in our body. But this is usually seen in patients who receive graft or transplantation of organs. No. Mycoplasma does not give rise to HIV. As like other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), Mycoplasma infections increase the HIV virus shedding in genital secretions. Please continue the antibiotics and other medicines you are taking now. Follow all the preventive measures to avoid tick bit in future Like wearing long sleeved dress gloves, shoes, tick repellents,etc. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: Does low immunity due to Lyme and co infections reactivate HHV6? 9 minutes later
Ok Doc so my 3,6,9 month Neg HIV test are conclusive?My risk was back in april i hade sex with a woman i know but i did use a condom.But i very stupidly licked her outside clit a few times i did not put my tongue inside of her.And i had no reason to believe she has HIV but in XXXXXXX after tick bites ive not been well thats why i was scared about HIV but as i said i did 3 blood test 3,6,9 months plus oraquick home swab test at 10 months today and were all negative.Just read that people with weak immune can develope HIV later.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 8 hours later
Brief Answer: what tests done at 3,6,9 months? Waiting for respo Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. I would like to have few answers. What are all the tests you have done to rule out HIV at 3, 6 and 9 months? Just weak immune system is not enough get HIV. You must have contract HIV virus from some one to get HIV. If your immunity is low, then you may develop HIV symptoms earlier than other HIV patients ( provided you are infected with HIV). Waiting for your response.