Does low back pain with swelling in feet and creatinine level 1.1 indicate problems in kidney?

My age is 43.hypertensive,high cholesterol.medicine running are sartel-40,cinod-5,rosuvas-5.i have started excercise for 1 month.low back pain is there.feet swelling occour on long sitting.what to do?In the year 2011,my creatinine level was found 1.1.does it indicate any kidney problem??
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Need more tests Detailed Answer: Hi Thank you for sending in your query. There can be various causes for swelling of the feet and kidney diseases is just one of them. You have hypertension which puts you at risk for kidney disease. Having said that, your creatinine in 2011 was 1.1 which is within the normal range for most labs. However it is almost 2 years old report. So I would recommend the following set of tests to determine the health of your kidneys: 1) Blood tests: urea, creatinine 2) Urine R/M and Urine protein to creatinine ratio (or UPCR) 3) Ultrasound of the kidneys Once we have the results of these we would be in a better position to know if your symptoms of leg swelling are due to kidney disease. Mean while continue taking sartel and rosuvas. You should aim for BP<140/90 and LDL cholesterol <100mg/dl. Hope this was helpful. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. Regards Dr Bhabhe
Follow-up: Does low back pain with swelling in feet and creatinine level 1.1 indicate problems in kidney? 3 hours later
Why this low back pain occurs?i feel pain during it related to kidney?feet swelling occurs on long standing and sitting but becomes normal on movement.why?
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 9 hours later
Brief Answer: See detailed answer Detailed Answer: Hi again Low back pain which worsens on bending forward sounds like a symptom of disease of the lumbar vertebrae rather than kidney disease. You have mentioned spondylolysis of spine as a finding on X Ray. If this was affecting the lower vertebrae it could explain your symptoms. If this X Ray was not describing the lower back vertebrae, then I suggest you get a fresh X Ray of the lumbosacral spine (i.e. bones of your lower back). With regards to the swelling on your legs, there are multiple possible causes. It could be something benign like postural edema, venous congestion or a disease of the kidneys or sometimes heart. It is difficult to ascertain the cause without a detailed examination. However the tests which I had mentioned above, if normal, will rule out kidney problems. I hope this was helpful I will be happy to provide more answers. Dr Bhabhe