Does levaquin cause lingling and numbness in legs?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013
Excellent

Neurologist
Question
hello...I was on here yesterday. I have been drinkingmore electrolytes today as advised to lessen the tingling. however I have noticed the upper part of my left leg is also starting to tingle...should I be concerned about this or could this be from the levaquin I am on? as stated earlier...my right thumb tip will periodically feel numb, toes, etc. thanks for your help.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry about your current symptoms. These symptoms could be due to levaquin or due to mechanical pressure on the nerves in the skin. You would improve shortly. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Follow-up: Does levaquin cause lingling and numbness in legs? 2 minutes later
ive noticed that I have decreased hearing in my left ear...however, tbis is the ear that was enflamed with the sinuw infection...is that normal? this morning, my calf felt numb but now feels fine im stik having the tingling in my and legs and both feet.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Yes, the fullness of left ear is related to the sinus infection and inflammation, and it would improve with treatment. Numbness and tingling in the calf and leg could be related to mechanical pressure on the nerves. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Does levaquin cause lingling and numbness in legs? 5 minutes later
is it XXXXXXX for when xanax wears odf to feel sore/weak in muscles?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Yes, it is normal to feel sore/weak, when the effect of xanax wears off, especially when one has been taking it for sometime. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

ive been taking it for a little over a month.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Then these symptoms could happen. Detailed Answer: If you have been taking xanax for about a month, then, the symptoms of soreness/weakness of muscles could occur after the effect of xanax is wearing off. This is because there is a bit of dependence that could develop with xanax. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Does levaquin cause lingling and numbness in legs? 18 hours later
I have a bit of a weird question...in addition ti all these symptoms...ive noticed that my right eye has startes twitching. why would this be? im worried about this on top of all the other symptoms ive been having.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: The twitching of eye is often due to strain or overwork, such as excessive computer use, lack of sleep, fatigue, etc. It would usually stop on its own with adequate rest. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Does levaquin cause lingling and numbness in legs? 15 minutes later
the muscles around my eye feel tight intermittently and then of course they twitch. this happens periodically but mostly in the morning. could this have anything to di with xanax or levaquin? is this something seriohs? it has been going on for a few days.

Brief Answer: This is not serious. Detailed Answer: The twitching of muscles around the eye occurs due to strain or fatigue. They are not related to the levaquin or xanax. They would stop in a few days with rest and relaxation. They are not serious. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Does levaquin cause lingling and numbness in legs? 10 hours later
hello again. im noticing more and more the hearing loss in my left ear...it also has a feeling of fullness. im wobdering why this is since I have been on kevaquin for almost 6 days. I was also on levawuin a couoke weeks ago for fluid in both ears but it went away. why does this keep happening?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: The hearing problem would improve with levaquin. It may take a few days more. The recurrence is due to infection, and would get better with antibiotics. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Does levaquin cause lingling and numbness in legs? 23 minutes later
tomorrow will be my last day of levaquin. initially, rhis did improve but as of now, I have the headache above mt temple on my left side and my left ear fullness/hearing loss. why would this continue to occur like this? can this be related to pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. Sometimes, it does take a bit longer to improve. These symptoms are unlikely to be related to pregnancy. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)