Does laser treatment prevent the re-growth of a beard?

40 5'9 160 healthy i had vaser on my neck about 2 months ago. I am satisfied with the results however some small patches of my beard are not growing. it looks like some are coming back. My question is will my beard come back fully in these few small spots?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 17 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your query.

Sligthly confused with 'Laser' or 'Vaser' from your question. I take it as Laser, correct me if wrong.

From your question, you state you had laser treatment to your neck 2 months ago but now are experiencing irregular growth of your beard. I assume you are referring to hair growth on your face in referring to "beard." My question to you is - how large are the spots you are referring to on your beard and are there any skin changes such as a rash in the area on your face which you are referring to?

Sometimes a mild fungal infection of the skin can cause small patches of irregular hair growth. I would expect any hair which was not treated with the laser to grow normally. As for your beard, I would otherwise expect the hair to grow again as it had in the past.

I await your followup.

Dr. Robert Galamaga