Does irregular sleep habits increase the weight?

Does irregular sleep habits increase your weight? I eat normally, nothing excessive in amount / fat; but my body is just getting heavier day by day.
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Few studies suggest Irregular sleep patterns or lack of shut-eye could be behind those stubborn pounds you've mysteriously piled on – as lack of sleep increases the risk of diabetes and obesity. Researchers have discovered people who have less than five and a half hours sleep a night - or those with imbalanced sleep patterns - are at higher risk of diabetes and metabolic syndrome.

If you're slowly gaining weight over time, it is likely that your caloric intake is greater than the number of calories you burn through your daily activities.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.