Does internal hemorroid or anal fissure cause lower back pain?

Can a person have lower back pain with an internal hemorroid or anal fissure?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes.Low back pain may present Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Yes, the person with internal hemorrhoid or anal fissure can have lower back pain due to many reasons like 1. infection. If infected you require antibiotic therapy. 2. pain radiating from the fissure site 3. Constipation. Since you have constipation this may aggravate the pain at fissure sits or the grade of hemorrhoids and also low back pain. So need to correct this along with some of the measures I have explained below. 1. Increase fiber in diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. 2. Drink plenty of water. 3. You can have stool softener. Soft stool means very less pain and faster healing of the fissure. 4. For relief you can sit in warm water in shallow tub 2-3 times a day called Sitz bath. 5. Topical application of Xylocaine gel will work for reducing pain. 6. But the definitive cure is surgery to widen the opening to prevent tightness of the anal sphincter or to remove the hemorrhoids.. Along with the above measures do regular low back stretching exercises and straight leg raising with NSAID like Ibuprofen and a muscle relaxant like tizanidine. These will help in faster pain relieving of low back. Hope this information helps you.Feel free to ask if any further related query and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health. Regards