Does intermitten fasting harm the body?

ENT Specialist
Im currently trying to lose weight. So i eat food 1 day and skipping 2 days. Inttermitten fasting they called it. Is this ok to do? Will it harm me.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes it is harmful! Detailed Answer: Hello! I can totally understand your situation as i was also trying to loose weight previously! But skipping meals is not a good idea, starvation leads to release of corticosteroids in your body and this can covert the body proteins into flab, in the end you will lose more proteins rather than fat! Please don't starve. Take your meals regularly only thing is that you have to avoid food rich in sugars or fats! I would also recommend that you try the GM health diet plan, information about which is readily available on the internet, this way you will loose weight correctly and not develop any nutritional deficiencies! All the best Thanks