Does intercourse help in regularizing irregular periods?

Does intercourse help in regularizing irregular periods ? I got married recently and noticing that I'm getting periods on time(within 30 to 35 days).. Earlier I used to get even once in 2 months or odd and was suspected with PCOS.
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Intercourse as such does not alter the timing of menstruation. But the emotional bonding and hormonal changes after marriage definitely do have a significant effect on your fertility and can regularize your previously irregular cycle.
It is good that now you are getting your periods on time as it enhances your chances of conception.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Does intercourse help in regularizing irregular periods? 2 hours later
Thanks a lot Doctor for your answer. But oly these 2 months, I'm noticing this regularized periods, how to keep up/maintain this regular cycle going forward also ?
Any food habits/exercise/or any other medication needed along with emotional bonding? Please help me.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.
To maintin the cycles in future also you need to have a healthy nutritious diet with a moderate exercise regimen. Havng a stress free life will be helpful.
In case the cycles become irregular, oral contraceptive pills will help in regularizing the cycles.
Hope this answer is helpful.

Do accept the answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Does intercourse help in regularizing irregular periods? 45 minutes later
Thanks again. One final question.. is there possibility that the cycles get maintained regular hereafter.. has it happened to anyone earlier ? I would be the happiest if the regular cycle gets maintained..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Yes it is possible that your regular cycles may remain maintained like this.
Let us hope for the best.
Best wishes.
Follow-up: Does intercourse help in regularizing irregular periods? 38 days later
Hi Doctor,

As I have told earlier, after wedding I started getting my periods regular say once in 35 - 37 days. (Earlier I had irregular cycle). This month my period was due on 18th May. On 18th May, at first I had a bit of bright red discharge, and then for two days I had brown discharge following which there was no bleeding/periods.
As I'm waiting to be conceived, I did home Pregnancy test, which was negative. (I did this test twice, yesterday evening once and today early morning once).
I'm just so stressed wondering what it could be.. brown discharge-no periods yet negative test.
Is that my cycle has become irregular (but never had just brown discharge alone for 3 days continuously - usually even before wedding, I used to get brown discharge but just one day prior to bleeding).
Please help me out in understanding why is this brown discharge, no periods, negative test..
Age : 27
Height : 5 feet, 3 inches
Weight : 57
Last Period/Bleeding date : April 10th 2012
Awaiting to get conceived as early as possible.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Since normally you have periods after 37-38 days, your periods were due on 18th may. The mild bleeding you had could be due to implantation bleeding or hormonal deficiency.
To confirm the diagnosis, you can wait for a week and repeat the pregnancy test with a highly sensitive kit.
In case the test is still negative then other causes of decreased bleeding like anemia, hormonal disturbance, etc needs to be considered.
I hope this answer is helpful and informative.
I am available for any follow up queries.