Does insulin causes weight loss?
User rating for this question
My husband has recently XXXXXXX diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (november) Today he say his endocrinologist has has been put on insulin four time a day. He is 69 has lost almost forty pounds since the discovery of insulin. He was overweight but nothing excessive What are the chance of him becoming allergic to the insulin. i am waiting for him to join me for a holiday in florida and he is insisting on coming.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Type 2 diabetes new onset can be managed with tabs Detailed Answer: dear ma'm, Hi! there are certain clarifications 1. new onset diabetes can be managed with tablets as well, as long as there is no co morbid condition. 2. weight loss is not due to insulin but due to very high blood sugars. insulin usually causes weight gain. 3. no allergy to the newer insulins, they are all human insulins.
People also viewed
- Can my pain in the upper left portion of the abdomen be due to ruptured spleen?
- Can my dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting be due to shellfish allergy?
- Palms and bottom of feet itching
- Possible causes of weight loss
- Can d vert cure vertigo?
- Common causes of weight loss
- White skin patches on bottom of feet
- Antidepressants that cause weight loss
- Tamoxifen causing weight loss
- Sudden weight loss causes
- Can flat or slightly raised, painless rash with a ragged edge be due to rheumatic fever?
- Helicobacter pylori bottom of feet
- Fleshy skin growths bottom
- Are come off as dull, indifferent or emotionally cold symptoms of schizoid personality disorder?
- Flat mole on bottom of penis