Does insulin causes weight loss?
User rating for this question
My husband has recently XXXXXXX diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (november) Today he say his endocrinologist has has been put on insulin four time a day. He is 69 has lost almost forty pounds since the discovery of insulin. He was overweight but nothing excessive What are the chance of him becoming allergic to the insulin. i am waiting for him to join me for a holiday in florida and he is insisting on coming.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Type 2 diabetes new onset can be managed with tabs Detailed Answer: dear ma'm, Hi! there are certain clarifications 1. new onset diabetes can be managed with tablets as well, as long as there is no co morbid condition. 2. weight loss is not due to insulin but due to very high blood sugars. insulin usually causes weight gain. 3. no allergy to the newer insulins, they are all human insulins.
People also viewed
- Feel very sleepy and tired lately
- Feeling of movement under left temple
- Pricked with dogs insulin
- Dog scratched my lip
- I feel rumbling on left side
- Possible causes of weight loss
- Left side feels weak
- Small red spots on dogs legs
- Common causes of weight loss
- Long string in dogs stool
- Klebsiella in dogs
- Antidepressants that cause weight loss
- Tamoxifen causing weight loss
- Sudden weight loss causes
- Raw feeling in knees