Does ibuprofen help to stop periods?

Mar 2016

Hi, I have a cultural ceremony coming up on Thursday and it's Tuesday night, I just started my period, I was wondering if there's anything I can do stop my period or make it go away by Thursday because in order for me to participate in this ceremony I can't be on my period?? Please help me!!! Does ibuprofen help?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 41 minutes later

Ibuprofen is an analgesic or pain killer and it has no effect to postpone your period.

In general, if someone does not use any other contraceptive pill, she can take norethisterone tablet (PRIMOLUT-N) as long as she wants to delay or postpone her period.

It is to be taken as 5mg thrice daily at least 3 days prior to due date. After stop taking the tablet, period will start within 5-7 days.

As your period already started, then above medication may not be 100% effective to postpone your period but you can try for a hope.

Some side effects like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, irregular spotting, breast tenderness may develop in next cycle if you continue above medication for long time.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health. Good luck.

Dr Soumen.