Does hyaluronic acid affect blood sugar levels?

Question
I've been taking hyaluronic acid (100mg) supplements daily for several months. I just found out my fasting blood sugar (glucose) level has risen from 90-95 to 105-110 during this time. Does hyaluronic acid affect blood sugar levels? Age 62, ht 5'7", wt 178.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Hello
Hyaluronic acid supplements are dietary supplements promoted for arthritis and many other conditions including skin health.Hyaluronic acid is a component of synovial fluid, and is found in the vitreous humor of the eye, the synovia of joints, and in subcutaneous tissue where it functions is as a cementing agent. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous properties.
These supplements do not affect blood glucose levels in any way. Having a higher fasting blood glucose levels means you are predisposed to diabetes. You need to have a glucose tolerance test for an early diagnosis and treatment. Having a high cholesterol and hypertension brings you in a high risk category of contacting a cardiac problem.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Regards.