Does hormonal imbalance cause improper bleeding ?

We have been trying for more than an year for a child and the doctor suggested for a laparoscopic inspection as all other reports were normal. We got the test done on 7th may. I was told that my periods may get delayed this month. However, i started bleeding on 24th may but that was just 30-35% of my flow last month. My doc is suspecting pregnancy or hormonal imbalance. Pls advise
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 50 minutes later

Sorry, I do not believe that you are pregnant. It may be hormonal imbalance. Laparoscopic inspection was done on 7th May and you were not pregnant on that day. Normally Laparoscopic inspection is done on the 5th day of your menstrual cycle. So you may not become pregnant by 24 May.

What does your Laparoscopic inspection report say?

When bleeding occurs in pregnancy, it is just spotting.

Are you taking any medicines? Kindly give me their names.

Also let me know your height and weight?

I would like to know the length of your periods and whether the periods are accompanied with heavy bleeding.

Awaiting your reply,