Does higher levels of indirect bilirubin indicate likelihood of Gilbert's syndrome?

"Bilirubin 2.5, direct . 8. CBC normal , liver tests ,normal LDH and reticulate normal , ultra sound normal . Excellent health. Does this sound like Gilbert's ?"I have read that only indirect bilirubin is high in Gilbert's , where mine is high in indirect at 1.7,but also high with direct at .8 Optional Information: Person's Gender: Male Person's Age: 34
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes it is XXXXXXX syndrome Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). You are having unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia and it appears to be Gilbert's syndrome only as indirect bilirubin is high and Liver function tests along with normal reticulocyte count and hemoglobin level. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.