Does high sugar level cause excessive sweting?
User rating for this question
My father was recently hospitalised for high bp and Sugar.After hospitalisation for a week ,he is now discahrged and is on tablets for BP and insulin for Sugar.His Sugar level is around 170 .He suddenly wakes up at night and starts sweating a lot.is it because his sugar level .Please clarify. Thanks XXXX
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Sweating usually happens due to low blood sugar. It seems that your father's dose for insulin may be high at night. You may check the blood sugar levels at night time, when he is sweating. After confirming that the blood sugars dip during night time fasting, we can make some changes in his diet too. Thus I think that he may need a correction of doses. You will need to consult his doctor about it. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any doubts. Dr Vaishalee
People also viewed
- Can tsh levels cause high sugar levels
- White shadow on lungs
- White spots on tongue of my 3 year old
- What are the side effects of benzoyl peroxide and urea topical?
- Is stuffy nose a side effect of bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide?
- Whole body aches headache cant sleep
- What are the causes of high sugar levels
- Cause high blood sugar level
- Does high sugar level cause excessive sweting
- Whitehead skin cancer sign
- White spots on throat with accutane
- What are the side effects of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine?
- Is difficult or painful urination a side effect of anastrozole?
- Causes of high sugar levels
- What are the side effects of chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine?