Does high morphology cause increased miscarriages and/or birth defects?

Hello: I've been trying to conceive with my wife for 6 months...we've had 'chemical pregnancies? only to have her get her period a week late. I had 2 sperm analyses done. August: 5 million/ml; 47% motility, 58% abnormal morphology... November: 5 million/ml; 58% motility; 70% abnormal indicated a retest should be considered because increased motility should have shown decrease morphology. My wife has had 2 strong positive test results and 5 weeks no period! My worry is...I've read online that high morphology can cause increased miscarriages and/or birth defects...How concerned should I be?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you that yes there exists a possibilty but you should not be concerned regarding this as people who have normal sperm morphology and counts can also face these issues . Only time can predict this . It cannot be said if the child will develop any birth defects . Only thing suggestible for you is that your wife should undergo regular ultrasound examinations and other test for detection of birth defects as suggested by your treating gynecologist so that if there is development of any issue it can be tackled accordingly , but generally such pregnancies have a favourable outcome . I will only suggets you to keep a close look over it . Take care . Dr. Shruti