Does high levels of testosterone affect female fertility?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
What does a high level testosterone do to a females fertility
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

The women with high testosterone levels can have difficulty in getting pregnancy.
They can have:
-Irregular ovulation or anovulation
-Insulin resistance
-Hirsutism
-Increased fat accumulation around the waist etc.
All these collectively can lead to infertility.
The most common condition in women with poly cystic ovarian disease.
Even after getting pregnancy also in these women miscarriages and low-birth weight babies etc are more common than normal women.
But with early and adequate treatment fertility can be improved and complications can be prevented.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Does high levels of testosterone affect female fertility? 23 minutes later
How can i lower the level? I have taken clomid for 5 cycles now and metformin for about a year with 1 ectopic preg 1 misscarrage i am currently breaking frim the clomid this cycle and have been spotting sence the 7th of this month cramping the whole month what is going on with tgis?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later

You can use combined oral contraceptive pills for few months.
With your doctor's advice you choose pills with combination of cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol like XXXXXXX 35, dianette etc.
In this cyproterone acetate acts as antiandrogen drug and helps in decreasing the testosterone levels to some extent.
And by using these pills for few months your cycles can also become regular and spotting etc. can be prevented with regular usage.
After stopping the pills you can plan for pregnancy.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Does high levels of testosterone affect female fertility? 46 minutes later
Can you percribe them to me?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later

As per health care magic rules we should not give direct prescription.
So you better consult gynecologist once, get examined and with her advice take the tablets.
You can discuss with her regarding the brands I suggested and can take them.