Does high cholestrol cause headaches?

Dear Doctor, Today I was told that my cholesterol is high..6.9. For a while now I have been having almost continual mild headaches. would the high cholostrol be a cause of that and am I in any danger of stroke? thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Guru 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: I do not think that your continual mild headaches are due to high cholesterol. True that your cholesterol is on little higher side, but I do not think that it as single risk factor can lead to stroke. Anyhow, it is not impossible. Just to let you know there are multiple risk factors like hypertension, smoking, diabetes etc can lead to stroke. So, take care of them as well. If you can reduce the cholesterol levels with diet and exercise, you will be out of danger. And there are multiple other reasons for your kind of headache. get examined for them and do get scared imagining it as stroke. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!