Does high blood pressure causing head spinning and buzzing sensation?

Would high blood pressure be causing me to feel sicky and head spinning/buzzing sensation also keep wanting to just fall asleep all the time?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes definitely high BP can cause such sx Detailed Answer: Hi High Blood pressure feels you sick and with the pressure exerted by the blood in the brain it can cause spinning. It buzz sensation as it passes near the inner ear. Check the pressure now.
Follow-up: Does high blood pressure causing head spinning and buzzing sensation? 1 hour later
I know my bp is 178/108 (averaged after having a 24 hour home bp monitor on)
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: this number is high Detailed Answer: At this bp there can be experience of the above symptoms. I will give an IV anti hypertension medicine like labetalol very slowly. Will try to reduce bp to 150/90 over 24 to 48 hrs. So ideally you shud meet doctor at clinic. Good health