Does high BP cause restless and irritant behavior ?

Cardiologist, Interventional
.Dear Sir, I am feeling bit restless and developing irritation frequently. I have started having difficulty in remembering small small things.. (like after having food still I feel as if hungry and not having food at all. ).

I checked the BP at home machine . it's around (165-170)H - (100-105)L. Is this high BP and is this causing this above mentioned effect? Do I need to take any medicine?

Thank you
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 26 hours later

It is very difficult to attribute your symptoms to any one diagnosis.

Your BP swings are little more than acceptable and it is wise for you to review with our physician for modification of your anti hypertensive regimen. So as to have smooth pressure that are ideally below 135/85mmHg.

With your symptoms, an early senile dementia is also a possibility and you need to have neurologist consultations. You do not need any medications for this, if it is senile.

However you can take Multivitamins and Neurotropins to increase nourishment of your nerves.

High BP is know to cause dementia but not exactly at the ranges recorded by you.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.