Does heroin pass through semen?

Please help. I'm a 30 year old Caucasian female, 5'9", 180 lbs. My boyfriend told me that he relapsed and used heroin yesterday. He only told me after we had sex and ejaculated inside me. I'm very upset and don't want any part of that...especially since I'm looking for a new job. Will heroin pass through semen to give a positive result for drug testing in employment? What kinds of tests are used for drug testing? I don't do drugs and now am worried about what this might mean. Please help.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

Please relax and do not worry. Heroin does not passes through semen. There are no chances of it entering via this route into your body.

During the preliminary test blood, urine and if needed hair /skin / nail samples are used to test presence of drug.

Hence you should not have any problem clearing the drug test.

Apart from this, I take this opportunity here to advice against unprotected sex in the future to avoid risks of STD's.

I wish you all the best for your new job.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up as well.

Follow-up: Does heroin pass through semen? 2 hours later
Thank you so much for your reply. I do have one more question. He has taken suboxone in the past, and continues to take it regularly to try to quit heroin. He also smokes marijuana regularly. Can any of these pass through semen either? I appreciate your concern...I am actually moving to get away from him to start a new life with this new job.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

No, none of this subxone or mariujana can pass through semen and can be detected in your body.

There is absolutely no reason for concern.

Have a great time.