Does heart murmur cause temporary erectile dysfunction ?

My fiancé says that he has a heart murmur and has to take medication to keep an erection before sex. Is this true? Says he has to keep it in fridge. But last night I found diabetes needles in his bag and I think insulin. What is going on? He is 44 5'9
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Follow-up: Does heart murmur cause temporary erectile dysfunction ? 3 minutes later
He also said he can't take the medication every day
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

A lot of patients are not able to have normal erection and require assistance.

The assistance can be in the form of oral drugs or injections. The first line of treatment is oral drugs but a lot of patients may not benefit from them.

The second line of treatment is with intracavernosal injection of the erectogenic drugs. The drug is injected into the penis before intercourse with the help of insulin syringe.

This may explain the presence of insulin syringes. You need to let me know what medicine is being used to confirm whether he is on intracavernosal injection therapy or not.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Does heart murmur cause temporary erectile dysfunction ? 15 hours later
He said he does it on his thigh and also that his doctors said the medicine is good for his blood flow. It's a sensitive issue for him he didn't want to talk about it so I don't know that I can tell you what medication he is on.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 16 hours later

Thanks for your follow query.

The injections which I am talking about are the drugs used for Erectile Dysfunction and they are given in the penis and yes, it works by increasing the blood flow to the penis.

Again, these drugs are injected into the penis by using insulin syringes. They are definitely not given in the thighs.

Also if your fiance is on Insulin then he needs to take it on a daily basis but this is not so as you say.

However, I would suggest him to XXXXXXX his primary care physician and discuss in detail about the health concern.

He can also discuss it with me. I will be available for follow up queries.

Hope this helps.