Does guaifenesin for tracheobronchitis cause severe cough with pneumonia?

Recently diagnosed with tracheobronchitis now atypical pneumonia. Ceftin changed to doxy, on prednisone wean and budesonide inhaler. I am 55 yo male have parox afib 1 episode per year now on multaq with no cardiac symptoms. Was also reccomended to take guaifenesin as an expectorant.Question is can the guaifenesin thin things out and cause worsening cough at night with worsening pneumonia or is this a misconception because the cough seems to be worse after i take it? Thx
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Guaphenesin usually does not cause worsening cough Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! No, Guaphenesin usually does not cause worsening of cough. I think that the your underlying pneumonia or the underlying heart condition can be the cause of it. However, without proper clinical correlation and physical examination, this cannot be attributed. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!