Does gluten allergy and celiac disease cause heart palpitations,headache body aches and breathlessness?
User rating for this question
i am a 39 year old diagnosed with celiac disease about 6 yrs ago. i used to eat gluten anyways and it basically gave me diarrhea. But here recently i have had heart palpitations every time i eat wheat products with headache body aches and shortness of breath. when i cut out wheat products it goes away in a day or two but my friend told me that i should have an epipen do you think my gluten allergy may have worsened enough to need that.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Epipen helps in acute life threatening conditions Detailed Answer: Dear Friend You have to avoid gluten containing food , that's the only way out for you. Epipen is epinephrine , it has nothing to do with chronic conditions. It is used for acute allergic reaction. So , no point in taking it. If you have noticed that your new symptoms of palpitations , breathlessness appear only when you take gluten containing diet , it might be because of this. But still, i would advise you to get a cardiac evaluation done. Get an ECG , Xray Chest, just to rule out other condition un related to Celiac disease. Eating gluten free diet is the only solution to your problem. I hope i am able to solve your query , still if you have any , feel free to ask me. Stay Healthy
Follow-up: Does gluten allergy and celiac disease cause heart palpitations,headache body aches and breathlessness? 11 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gluten-free diet Detailed Answer: If you understand no gluten , then you don't need me :-) If Xray , ECG and other investigations are normal, be happy , and enjoy gluten free diet. If you don't have any further query , kindly close the discussion and rate it. Stay Healthy
People also viewed
- Is bloody or black, tarry stools a side effect of acetaminophen/propoxyphene?
- Diagnosed with celiac disease and have gluten allergy
- Aciphex anf blood sugar
- Is blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin a side effect of pepcid ac?
- Side effects of aciloc300
- Gluten allergy cause rapid heart rate
- Acitrom mechanism of action
- Gluten allergy causes
- Aciloc medicine during pregnency
- Can gluten allergy cause lichus planis
- Gluten allergy symptoms rapid heart rate
- Is stomach discomfort or upsetblack, tarry stools a side effect of tecfidera?
- Is bloody, black, or tarry stools a side effect of pepcid ac maximum strength?
- Is clay-colored stools a side effect of codeine phosphate-promethazine hcl?
- Scrotal swelling and acites relationship