Does general anaesthesia effect sperm morphology?

Does GA effect sperm morphology?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
I think you mean general anaesthesia. Please do correct me if i am wrong.
In general anaesthesia, all the inducing agents and maintaining agents that are given do have a short term effect on our body. These do not have any effect on the sperm quantity or quality.
In case you have any doubts, he can get his semen analysis done again after three months to see if the number of dysmorphic sperms have decreased considerably.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.