Does gastric problem cause chest pain?

Can gastric problem cause chest pain
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 34 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Yes gastric conditions like acid reflux, peptic ulcer diseases, gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD), hiatus hernia and many other conditions can surely cause chest pain.

I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Does gastric problem cause chest pain? 24 hours later
am facing chest pain for last 1 year. He have visit MD doc but no use. They said its muscular pain and gave pain killer but it does not work.

I am having gas problem for about 8 mths. Though taking ayurvedic treatment it has not yet stoped.
The pain is from the deep inside the heart and not on the upper and that to only on the left side near the heart.
I even face breathing problem if the pain is more and if I do stress work. The pain starts every day but its not so sevier. Also I have acidity problem.
Also going up hills is like hell for me. I cannot even climb two steps.This has started ony 1 -2 mts back which previous I was not facing.
Can removing xray or CT Scan detect the exact cause of this.
Also which specialist should I visit who can cure me rather than experimenting again with other MD doctor's.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 minutes later
Hello once again XXXXXX.

It is protocol to always rule out all cardiac problems when an individual suffers from chest pain. So I would advise you to get an ECG (EKG) done along with a 2D echocardiography of the heart to learn about your cardiac health.

The next thing would preferably be a 24 hour acid pH monitoring test, to check the amount of acid being produced that can easily cause the chest pain that you are experiencing.

All other gastric conditions that can cause chest pain can be diagnosed with the help of an endoscopy. I would advise this, instead of a CT scan or an x-ray right now.

For the ECG and 2D echo you would have to visit a cardiologist, and for the endocscopy and 24 hour pH monitoring you should visit a gastroenterologist.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.