Does foaming of vaginal discarge due to peroxide indicate possible miscarriage?

Infertility Specialist
I am 20 weeks pregnant and have a lot of anixiety about miscarriage, had some yellow very discharge in my underwear and I put some peroxide on it and it reacted by foaming a little, should I be worried? Does peroxide only react to blood?
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dont worry Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your anxiety. But you have already reached 20 weeks which is a good sign and chances of miscarriage after this are very less. Hence I suggest you relax and stop thinking of miscarriage. Peroxide reacts with most surfaces that have dirt. Your undergarment contains mucous discharge and not blood. Hence it reacted. Its a crude way to decide anything. Dont decide anything based on this. Please get anomaly scan at 20 weeks which is routinely advisable. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol