Does fibroadenomata surgery affect the baby when pregnant?

Mar 2016

Am in the 4th month of pregnancy. Earlier I had Fibroadenomata surgery twice(Removal of lump in the breast - both sides) Will it affect my baby?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: FIBROADENOMA DOESN'T AFFECT GROWING BABY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Breast fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) tumors which are made up of stroma (fibrous connective tissue) and adenosis (lobes developed hyperplasia). It DOESN'T AFFECT your growing baby during pregnancy period. So, you would not be worried regarding this. Lumpectomy or surgical removal of fibroadenomas is the treatment of choice and it depends on size. You have undergone the surgery twice already. Laser ablation and Cryoablation are the other mode of treatment. However, you should know that surgery DOESN'T guarantee that you'll never have another fibroadenoma. Recurrence of fibroadenoma may occur during pregnancy period. You should undergo periodic check up and breast examination for complete evaluation. Kindly, consult with your GYNECOLOGIST regarding this. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Does fibroadenomata surgery affect the baby when pregnant? 6 minutes later
Will it affect breast feeding after child's birth?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. If your breast fibroadenoma recurs and increases in size, then breast feeding may be slight problematic after child birth. In that case, milk may be needed to extract by breast compression or massage. Otherwise, small cyst or adenoma is NOT a problem during breast feeding. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen