Does fatty liver cause stomach aches and back ache?

My Doctor said I have a fatty liver, I am overweight & I want to know does a fatty liver cause me to have stomach pains & be tired & not have much energy or have back aches?
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stomach pain not related to fatty liver... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX Having back aches is related to being overweight and possible uro-genital problems. An urine analysis is needed together with abdominal ultrasound to exclude such problems. Having stomach pains and feeling tired is not related to fatty liver but to: - stomach problems (gastritis, GERD) - gallbladder problems I suggest to run : - abdominal ultrasound - upper endoscopy - liver function tests to further evaluate your health condition and to take proper treatment. Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida