Does exposure to mold cause congestive heart failure?

can exposure to mold contribute to or cause congestive heart failure ?
if so who can treat ?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis of congestive heart failure. It is such a discouraging diagnosis knowing you may not probably have the strength to do most of your tasks all by yourself. However, with optimal management, you can lead a pretty normal and stable life.

Mold cannot cause heart failure directly. If you had suffered from bad respiratory infections, then this could have been a possible indirect cause but you have not reported any. Also, you would have at least been diagnosed of a fungal infection of that would have raised the suspicion.

Reading through your XXXXXXX history, the bypass surgeries and the cardiac arrhythmia are more likely to be great contributors to this than any other possible factors.

I hope this answers your query. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications. I wish you well and above all good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD