Does excessive Nicorette gum chewing lead to increased heart rate?

I chew Nicorette gum 4 mg 4 times a day could this explain my heart rate going from80 bpm to 105 bpm I smoked for 10 years then I stopped using 4mg Nicorette's prior to stopping smoking my heart rate was between 75 beats per minute to 80 beats per minute
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to to tell you that Nicorette gum contains nicotine as active ingredient which got a stimulating action and can elevate heart rate, constrict blood vessels and raise blood pressure. But in your case since your age is 57 years it cannot be said as nicotine is the only cause because underlying coronary artery disease needs to be ruled out . I will advise you to see a cardiologist and get your ECG and ECHO done to rule out any other cause . Take care. Dr. Shruti