Does enlarged lymph node below left ear cause pulsing sound in left ear?

ENT Specialist
I have an enlarged lymph node below my left ear near a cyst in my neck. I have had both for about 4 months. The node is smaller in the morning and grows during the course of the day. Today I have developed a pulsing sound my left ear (the ear closest to the cyst). Are these related? I have had the cyst injected with hydrocotisone by a dermatologist but it did nothing.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Injection can increase vascularity and thus sound. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Pulsing sound in the ear on that side can be because of increased vascularity of the area after a hydrocortisone injection for few days and after few days the things should be normal. Otherwise the cyst (if it is a cyst) can not usually be a cause of sound in ear. The increase in size during the day is not usually an actual finding and can only be because of regular touching during the day. otherwise it is just a feeling. If you are worried about the swelling, please get an FNAC done in consultation with an ENT. It will establish the diagnosis of the cyst as well as the nature of the lymph node. Feel free to ask another query. Regards