Does elevated SGOT, SGPT and bilirubin indicates to have jaundice?

Rheumatologist
Question
doctor i had blood test one month ago my sgot58 ,sgpt 46 andbilirubin was 1.2 after one montha again had blood checkup and sgot 68 sgpt 62 and bilirubin 1.2 still i was on medication for one month doctors saying that u have jaundice
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I would like to tell you that it is definitely there that your liver functions are mildly deranged but it not necessary that you have jaundice . It is a very vague term and it needs to be established as to what is the cause for jaundice . You must get all your viral markers like HbsAg , HCV , HAV checked . A USG Abdomen is advisable to rule out fatty liver . Avoid alcohol and fatty food in the mean time . There is no treatment for jaundice , only supportive treatment is suggested . Drink plenty of liquids and glucose . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Does elevated SGOT, SGPT and bilirubin indicates to have jaundice? 3 minutes later
I had sonography as well everything is normal but still I m worry about bilirubin level that has be go Down and also I m on medication antidepressant tab franxit and amitone

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, If all the tests are normal dont worry the LFT will settle on their own . You repeat the tests after 1 week and then have a look at the trend . Dr. Shruti

Currently I m using udiliv 150 this is right medication for this should I stop taking udiliv ?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Please tell me your ALP levels after that I will be able to tell you . Dr. Shruti