Does eating avacado in mornings lead to weight gain?

shall we eat avocado fruit daily one in the mornning. is it a weight gainer advise.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Avocado high in calories leading to weight gain... Detailed Answer: Hi, Avocado is really high in fats, but the majority of them are healthy fats (monounsaturated) and little in saturated fats. Avocado is also high in calories, thus, its use is limited to 1/6 of medium avocado (2 tablespoon) per day. If you consume an entire avocado, and if it is of medium size, then, you are adding too much calories to your body. The excess of calories would lead to gaining weight. So, if you intend to gain weight through an avocado diet, then, can be an alternative. However, I always recommend to my patients to eat of all food types in order to take all the nutrients your body needs. Wish you health! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! Dr.Alba