Does early vitiligo, dry skin cause hypopigmented patches on elbow?

I consuted a very XXXXXXX dermatologist,,one of the best one in my metro city,(28),yrs of experience as per certificates,in his opd,,,,,,,,,,for my son 11 yrs,who had two to three small hypopigmented patches on rt.elbow,,,,he said it was post inflammatory hypopigmentation,on both elbows,though the spots on lt hand are not easiy visible,,,,,,,wanted to know as in (1),can this diagnosis go wrong,,,(no offence to his seniority),he had seen it under a overhead type of lamp( not the handy woods lamp),,,wanted to know(2) does early vitiligo cause any such type of inflammation,(3). My son has a bit of dry skin,,,,can this cause such type of inflammation,,,,
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Vitiligo is totally depigmented. it cannot be hypo pigmented. The post inflammatory hypo pigmentation can be hypo as well as depigmented, but there must be a history of injury or infection at the site previous to development of hypo pigmentation. There is another condition called as pre vitiligo. Here the patches are hypopigmented and within a month or two they turn totally white. If possible please upload a photograph of the lesions. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Waiting for your response. Thank you