Does drinking brandy from a rusted flask cause health hazards ?

I drank brandy from a small flask and then noticed it is rusted inside. Should I be concerned about tetanus, botulism, or anything else dangerous? The brandy has been in this stainless-steel flask for about a year. The inside appears rusted and I am concerned. Should I get a tetanus shot or any other form of prevention for any potential infection / poisoning? I know it is probably safe but just got very concerned since the inside of the flask is dirty and rusted.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 31 minutes later
Thanks for the query,

There is no need to worry,you will not infected with tetanus or botulism. Drinking from rusted kettle for a long time will cause excess of iron content in the body. But drinking once from flask won't have much effect.

You should take a tetanus shot for your general health (not specifically for this reason), or if your last booster was more than 10 years. So you have to take the vaccine as per schedule and not because of the recent incident.

Hope i have answered your query,I am available for followup if you have any more concern.