Does different brand of same medicine contain same ingredients?

yes thank you doctor. my question is this do different brands of benzodiazepines show up as different brands example: if i have taken a valium within a week of a urine test but my prescrition is only for temazapam willthe urine test indicate two different drugs or only benzodiazepines in general? please excuse the typing.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 45 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information.

Valium or temazepam will show up identically on testing. There is no test which will distinguish between either one.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Robert