Does dialysis causes apetite loss?

hello, i am XXXXXXX i am deaf i need to know i wonder does dialysis cause less eating?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr Anshul Varshney . I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern. A patient who require dialysis and is not on dialysis has reduced appetite (Anorexia) due to uremia. But once dialysis is started , anorexia resolves after few sessions and in fact person develops good appetite. A person of kidney disease should moderate consumption of following things: 1. Fruits & Fruit Juices. 2. Dairy products if Phosphorous levels are high 3. High protein diet (if not on dialysis). 4. Limit water intake , if person has decrease urine output. Diet would depend on what are the blood reports and what is the disease. Tell me in detail about the medical history of the patient. I can just guess , if you are deaf and you are talking about yourself , you might be having Alport syndrome. This is my best advice for you based on details available here. If you have any further query, you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD