Does diabetic neuropathy cause spongy feet sole?

Hello Dr the sole of my feet feels spongy and soft some times is it a form of diabetic neauropathi
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diabetic Neuropathy Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. Ihave read your queryin detail. I understand your concern. Yes, this can be due to diabetic neuropathy. Since you have diabetes that too not properly controlled there are high chances that you have started developing complications of diabetes. Tell me following : 1. The feeling of numbness like walking on a cotton bed started on both legs at the same time or at different times. 2. Equal in both legs? 3. Any pain or tingling? 4. Any numbness in hands? I also advise you following : 1. Neurological Examination by a Doctor. 2. Nerve Conduction Velocity Test if examination is inconclusive. 3. Serum creatinine. 4. Urine for Albumin. 5. Glycosylated Hemoglobin 6. Fundus of eye examination to see any changes of diabetic retinopathy. 7. Supplementation of Methylcobalamine and Alpha lipoic acid. 8. Strict diabetic control. This is my best advice for you based on the available details. If you have any other query , please feel free to ask me. Dr Anshul varshney.