Does diabetes cause soreness below ribs on the right side?

I am having a soreness in the area below my ribs on the right side. I have type II diabetes and am currently taking Metformin 2000mgm daily, also medication for triglycerites, and effexor. For the past few months my blood sugar has been climbing. I am not fasting between 180 and 200. Could this soreness on my right side have anything to do with my diabetes being so high?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need to control sugars more tightly. Detailed Answer: Dear User, Hi ! you need to change your medicine from metformin 2g to some glimeperide 2 mg per day and metformin 1g daily. in addition to that for soreness below ribs, you must take pantoperazole, 40 mg twice a day. continue medicines for triglycerides, and continue effexor. Regards!