Does deviated nasal septum with constant drainage with ringing ear and sore tonsil require surgery?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a deviated septum with constant right side drainage, sore on tonsil, ringing in right ear, stiff neck on right side down my shoulder. Post nasal drainage sometimes looks a little bloody with yellowish green around it...on my 4th round of antibiotics... Will deviated septum surgery help me? Or the new balloon procedure or should I be concerned about a more serious infection?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Surgical correction is recommended. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The symptoms that you are having and the recurrent infections are likely to be related to the deviated nasal septum. The surgical correction is likely to help you a lot. The procedure required depends on the extent of deviation that you have and can be best decided by your ENT specialist after an examination. Till then steam inhalation will help in reducing the congestion and some symptomatic relief. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.