Does dehydration affect my liver enzymes while taking xarelto for vomiting and diarrhea?

I had a five day bout of vomiting and diarehea and am on xarelto 15 mg every day. Before I was over th stomach problem I had my regular blood work done. The liver enzymes ALr was 94 and the Ast 78. Could dehydration be th cause?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that It is unlikely that your liver functions are affected by dehydration . I will advise you to get a USG abdomen done to look for any changes of fatty liver which can be a cause in your case . Other rare possibilty is that Xarelto which contains rivaroxaban can sometimes rarely lead to liver dysfunction . You will need to discuss this with your treating doctor. Take care. Dr. Shruti