Does cellulitis lead to paralysis of the ankle?

i had cellulitisin 2006. it cleared on cipro. in 2007 my ankle swelled but after cipro it went down -later my ankle one side seemed to have a stroke. it had partial paralysis. it's still that way in 2011. could this be something like osteomyelitis? what is treatment
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 40 minutes later
Hi ,

Cellulitis is an infection of the Subcutaneous tissue by the Bacteria.
It resolves without any sequale if treated adequately.

I don't think Osteomyelitis as a cause for the Partial paralysis as they don't affect the muscle power.
Osteomyelitis presents with gradually developing pain or tenderness over the affected bone, and they may have difficulty or inability to use the affected limb or to bear weight or walk due to severe pain.
An X-ray can identify the Osteomyelitis .

Osteomyelitis can be treated with Antibiotics . Sometimes, surgery may be necessary. If there is an area of localized bacteria (abscess), this may need to be opened, washed out, and drained. If there is damaged soft tissue or bone, this may need to be removed. If bone needs to be removed, it may need to be replaced with bone graft or stabilized during surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.