Does catheterization cause double vision problems ?

I did have cathorizTION OF MY HEART. After waikup in recovery room Inotice that I have double vision ,see two picture side by side. next have MRI and negative, doctor relis me from hospital and say that my thirg nerve is demage and things happend. Please help. I still hav pain in chest + I don't see. Wthat I can do?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Cardiac catheterization can rarely lead to a third nerve palsy. Usually such a damage is caused by cerebral hemorrhage or infarction. Your MRI is normal it means that the injury is a minor one.
Fortunately, nearly all patients undergo spontaneous remission of the palsy, usually within 6-8 weeks.
Taking steroids helps in the early recovery which you can take after consulting with your doctor. Covering of one eye helps in seeing better till the recovery happens.
Mild pain in chest is common after cardiac catheterization. It resolves in 3-5 days after catheterization. Mild pain killers like ibuprofen will help in giving relief.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.