Does candida cause tingling sensation in my lips?

Can candidia dying cause your lips to tingle?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: I don't think they are related... Detailed Answer: Hi, I don't feel tingly lips is related to candida infection. You have not mentioned which part of the body was / is affected with candida and whether you persist to have any infection left there. I wouldn't be bothered if it was an occasional tingling. But if you continue to have severe tingles I would look for allergies and vitamin deficiency before relating to an infection. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.' Regards
Follow-up: Does candida cause tingling sensation in my lips? 58 minutes later
The tingling is in my lips and it continously happens. I am gluten free, diary free, and soy free. I am also going through hypothyroidism. These are also break outs i am getting.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Visiting a dermologist would be appropriate.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I reviewed both the pictures sent. Well, I'm unable to clearly appreciate those lesions. The light reflection and close clubbing of individual blemishes/active lesions make it extremely difficult to arrive at a diagnosis. I would encourage you to see your doctor if not a dermologist to identify the problem. Grossly if these are multiple reddish/vesicles or blistering lesions combined with tingles, I would consider herpes as most likely. Your doctor should be able to exclude this possibility with local examination. I am against you using a topical agent until you see the doctor. They can alter it's appearance leading to a wrong diagnosis. If tingles are severe I would start you on vitamin b12 supplements. Benadryl can be used for soothening this irritation. You may get these drugs over the counter. Hypothyroidism is unlikely to be related. But it is wise to get it checked if the last test was more than 6 months ago. Hope it helps. Regards